Large sandy beach
Our Pride and Joy. Enjoy smooth sand and clean water. Playground equipment and vollyball net right on the beach. You don't have to run around though... lounge chairs always available.
Up on the lawn you can enjoy Shuffleboard, Croquet, Bean Bags, Horseshoes, Rodeo Golf, and Bocce Ball.
Water Sports? You Betcha
Bring your own boat or rent one of ours! Enjoy plenty of fishing, try waterskiing or wakeboarding. Slow it down with canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, and SUPs (stand up paddleboards), all free.
Free access to all water toys. Try the new water pad and floating raft. Feel like a pontoon cruise? We've got you covered
Lawn, Trails, and Woods
Take some time to explore nature right in our backyard. With a one-mile private driveway, 30 acres of towering pines and birch surrounding the camp, and many paths throughout, you can enjoy a nature walk no matter how far you care to hike.
See wildlife, birdwatch, and find live Ladyslippers thriving in their natural setting.
Fishing, of course
From small fry to lunkers, from catfish to cat naps, catch yours here. Stocking, Boot, and other nearby lakes are full of game species. Interested in a guide service? We can put you in touch.
Bass, Northern, Crappie and Sunfish thrive here in Stocking Lake. Fish with the kids right off our dock or take off to local lakes for more serious outings.
Office/Lodge/Store, come on in
Sleeping Fawn Resort has a small store complete with apparel, souvenirs, art work, ice cream, pizza, snacks, ice, tackle, and much more.
Gathering Room, Get together
- Complementary fresh coffee, brewed every day.
- Free Milk and donuts Sunday mornings
(Memorial day to Labor day)
- Free Wi-fi available here.
- Tables, TV, reading material, and Board Games too!
Local Area Attractions
Forests & Trails
Hiking, fishing, hunting, biking, canoeing, and more. Park Rapids is the gateway to the Mississippi River Headwaters in Itasca State Park. Established in 1891, it is Minnesota's oldest state park with over 32,000 acres and more than 100 lakes
- Itasca State Park General information :218-266-2114
- Paul Bunyan State Forest Encompassing more than 72,000 acres of hilly terrain with 100s of miles of trails for ATV and OHM enthusiasts.
- Two Inlets State Forest More than 26,000 acres ready to explore.
- Heartland Trail Minnesota's first rail to trail system is a 48 mile multi use paved trail from Park Rapids to Walker and beyond.
- Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge This 43,000 acre Refuge is one of the nation's premier sanctuaries for viewing birds and wildlife. General information: 218-847-2641
Shopping, Dining, & Attractions
Visit the local quaint towns
Main street nostalgia and the relaxed, small town atmosphere of a bygone era await your visit. Each town features its own charm. Dorset is the restaurant capital of the world with more restaurants per capita than any city in the United States. Akeley is the birth place of the legendary Paul Bunyan. Nevis sports the largest Tiger Muskie statue at Muskie Park located right on the Heartland Trail. Emmaville is "The Biggest Little Town in the World". There are many others within a half hour drive of Park Rapids to seek out and explore.
- Forest Edge Winery Visit the winery in the woods! Just north of Akeley on Scenic Hwy 64. Wine tasting room and retail store. General information 218-224-3535
- Evergreen Gifts and Fun – Family Fun Center Go carts, batting cages, miniature golf, train rides, climbing wall, water wars, bumper boats, giant maze, super bounce, extreme air, and gifts. General information: 218-732-9609
- Paul Bunyan Animal Land - Wildife Park/Petting Zoo Lions, tigers, bears, camels, lemurs, kangaroos, monkeys, cougars, raccoons, three species of deer, bobcats, elk, llamas, donkeys, reptiles, exotic birds, amazing bugs and various small mammals are just a FEW of the animals who make their home at Animal Land.
- Character Challenge Course - Ziplining Looking for a thrill? C4 offers a variety of obstacles towering 35'-40' in the air. Overlooking two beautiful lakes and countless norway and white pines, C4 provides a unique northern Minnesota outdoor experience.
- Lake Country Scenic Byway 34 Take an 88 mile day trip though prime northern Minnesota vacation country.
Area Golf Clubs and Country Clubs
Many distinctive 9 hole courses for the novice players and challenging 18 hole layouts for the avid golfers are in the area.